So, it's winter (well here, in Aus anyway!), which means its getting COLD, we're feeling unmotivated and just wanna spend the days watching re runs of sex in the city and eating bags of chips - or is that just me?
Anyhow, winter styling can put a damper on things. Mostly, warm trackies and oversized jumpers (or your husbands hoodie!) are what we feel like wearing, but don't always make us feel good, or work well for the school run and weekend events.
I've put together a few tips on easy winter styling, and how to incorporate our TopKnot Headbands in to limit time spent styling your hair, whilst still allowing you to feel human and presentable during these months of curling up under a rug!
Now - just so you know, I'm not a stylish or fashion expert (as you can see!) I live in comfortable, practical clothing that wash well (thanks to a messy toddler!) and suit my mum lifestyle while covering my mum tum!
My 5 Winter Styling TopKnot Tips!
1. Leopard goes with EVERYTHING! I love leopard print, and our Classic Leopard TwistKnot is a great go-to accessory. Team it with an oversized top and jeans for a hippy-but-effortless vibe!
2. Add stripes and mix with a subtle pattern. I've styled our Geo Mix Luxe TwistKnot here with stripes (fave!) and a classic, leather bag. Adding pattern and texture warms up your look for the cooler weather.
3. Be brave and wear your hair out! If you've got long hair (like me), now's the time to wear it down. It's not too warm out to bother you, and with an Organic Cotton BowKnot holding it in place, it won't get in your face and annoy you!
4. Add something mustard! Its a great colour that's classic and just adds a cool vibe to your style. We've a small range of Mustard accessories in the shop, so choose something that suits you! Mustard + stripes + denim is a perfect combo!
5. Experiment with colours and styles. Try something new. Add in a colour you may not normally go for, like Blush Geo. I've styled it here with soft curls and the oversized top again, this time tied at the front to add detail and change it up a bit! Like another new piece really!
There we go! 5 little tips in styling your TopKnot's for the cooler months ahead!
I'll leave you now with some of the amazing fashion retailers I LOVE and am wearing here! (not sponsored either, just a fan!).
TSID Clothing (Stripe top and jeans pic 2, cardigan pic 3, denim top and stripe pants pic 4)
Hello Zef (Animal print shoes pic 5)
Meek and Valiant (Ain't no hood tee)
Wanders Travel Co (Leather bag pic 2)
Other: Converse (shoes), Quay Australia (sunnies), Saltwater Sandals (sandals) Aldi (skinny leggings) Gold Dust Trader (oversized top).